Monday, June 20, 2011

Danielle & Grant


Discussing OMD Albums
I consider it a privilege to witness the daily interactions between people in front of my counter.
Grant brought by his yard sale leftovers, Danielle came by to find out why I'm so surly about Cake. Grant got his dough, I had taken care of him before Danielle even showed up, so he was only there being Grant, discussing his jobs, his dogs, and his love for O.M.D. Danielle is one of the most relentlessly positive people this side of Steph Coyle, and a very accomplished professional woman. I really enjoy talking to her, because she totally knows what she is talking about. She doesn't buy into my fatalistic world view, and looks at me with the pity and amusement an essentially superior being can have for an underling, A curious creature such as myself. So we talked. About buildings, architecture, and how little I know about it.
Later on she left a note on my facebook wall saying that I was especially surly today. The only thing I can remember being surly about was having to go back to work, and end my conversation about brick cladding.

No comments:

Post a Comment